How to get editors to say “Yes” to
your story ideas – every time
- Do you want to ensure that the story pitch you send to a
magazine/newspaper editor is accepted?
- Have you ever received a rejection from an editor (or no response at all) and wondered what went wrong?
- Would you like to refine your pitching technique to get your story ideas across the line more often?
Are you serious about getting published?
This course is for people who are serious about getting published in magazines and newspapers. It's ideal if you want to improve your technique at selling your articles to editors.
After all, if you can’t sell the pitch, your work won’t get published!
It doesn’t matter how skilled you are as a writer – or how great your
story idea is – because if you can’t write a good story pitch to an
editor, it will never see the light of day.
This practical course will enhance your ability to sell your stories with confidence and help you develop a professional approach to pitching that editors will appreciate and respond to.
VIDEO: What will you learn in Perfecting Your Pitch?
Here's what you'll learn:
- Overcome common hurdles that occur in the pitching stage
- Write a pitch that will result in a commission from an editor
- Refine and tailor a pitch to a specific audience or publication
- Keep your confidence levels high during the pitching process
- Sell your expertise on a given topic as part of your pitch
- Better understand the needs of editors when they are selecting stories
- Develop a "how to" process that works when selling your stories
- Develop a step-by-step approach to transform your pitching "hit rate"
- and MUCH more!
Note: Completion of Magazine and Newspaper Writing Stage 1 is a prerequisite for enrolling in Perfecting Your Pitch.
YES! Please send me an outline for this course
Rave reviews about
Perfecting Your Pitch
"I have gained the confidence to get out there and pitch to editors and not fear that I am making a fool of myself. Sue was informative in a very friendly way and managed to make everyone feel involved in the course."
- Catherine Brazil
"Getting insight from a working freelance writer was extremely helpful. It was also fantastic to structure the course with one lecture and Q&A session followed by a workshop session. I took the course to learn how to write a pitch and to gain insight into an industry I know very little about and came away having learned what I sought to learn."
- Grace Foss
"I thought Sue conducted a really accessible and relevant course, made all the more so by including examples from her own inspiring journey. The class exercises brought us out of our comfort zones and encouraged us to just go ahead and take the next step and learn from it. It provides a mental preparedness for going ahead and making the pitch.
- Grace Foss
"Attending both the pitching and feature writing courses really gave me the confidence to get out there and aspire to my goals. Without this course, I would still be dreaming!"
- Suzi van Middelkoop
"Sue was a brilliant teacher and provided invaluable and practical feedback on our pitches. I loved the editor input too."
- Catherine Boundy
Learn from the best
Sue White is a successful feature writer and travel writer whose work has featured in
The Sydney Morning Herald, Vogue Australia, Travel + Leisure
(Australia), Sun Herald Travel, Women’s Health, Vogue Entertaining +
Travel, CNN Traveller, various ABC outlets, Green Living, G magazine and numerous other publications in both Australia and overseas ...