How to build a strong framework for
your compelling story
So you've started to write. You found a brilliant character, a witty or profound voice, a spectacular setting. And yet, you just can't seem to keep the story going. It just... peters... out.
Character. Voice. Dialogue. Place. Style. All these elements are crucial in the forming of a compelling story. But without a solid structure, none of these elements are enough. The story flounders. The writer gets stuck.
Structure is the skeleton of story, the shape that holds everything together. For most writers, finding the structure is the key to making the story work. For many writers, it's the most difficult element.
Whether you're working on a novel, memoir, narrative non-fiction, or short stories, this course on structure will help you understand the mysteries of what holds a story together, and how to make your story sing.
This is a course that will teach you to understand classical narrative and to apply it to your own writing. Using exercises, discussion and carefully selected examples, you'll complete the course with a new understanding of your own story and how to make it work.
YES! Please send me an outline for this course
Here's what you'll learn
- Finding the shape of your story
- Narrative shapes: the hero's journey and mythic quest
- Rising and descending line narratives
- Mimesis and catharsis – the magic of story
- Making an active protaganist
- How to find and maintain conflict
- External narrative and internal change
- Creating turning points
- Set-up, pay-off and the perfect resolution
- and MUCH more