If you're inspired to set up your own blog, but aren’t quite sure where to begin – check out our popular online course in Blogging for Beginners, or our next-level course How to get more blog readers.
In 2014 there were more than ten thousand dollars’ worth of prizes. The 2014 winner of the Best Australian Blogs Competition, Christina Soong, received:
- The grand prize of the Best Australian Blogs Competition is a seven-day trip to Turkey with the global leader in guided holidays, Trafalgar.This is set to be an amazing journey and the winner of the Best Australian Blogs Competition for 2014 will have this unforgettable experience.This will be a seven-night guided holiday comprising return economy flights, centrally-located accommodation, most meals, an array of exclusive Insider Experiences, in-destination transfers and ground transportation, services of a Trafalgar Travel Director and insider moments from Local Experts.check out her blog for her experiences!
- $1500 worth of writing courses at the Australian Writers’ Centre.
- $1000 in cash from Random House.
- A one-hour mentoring session with Brandon Van Over, managing editor at Random House, to discuss publishing a book based on their blog or any other writing projects the blogger wishes to discuss. Last year, two of the winning blogs went on to sign publishing deals with Random House Australia.
- $500 worth of books from Random House.
In addition to the blogger who wins the prestigious title of Best Australian Blog, there will also be six category winners judged as most outstanding in their category. Details of all categories and prizes here.
The 2014 competition featured:
- six categories each with an excellent judge
- a People’s Choice Award round
- four special awards for outstanding posts or potential.
The Best Australian Blogs Competition is an initiative of the Australian Writers’ Centre. It’s a lot of work, a lot of fun and a wonderful opportunity to celebrate and showcase the outstanding writing happening in the Australian blogosphere.