Would YOU like to:
- write a book that showcases your passion and knowledge?
- be seen as a leader in your industry?
- gain instant credibility?
- motivate and inspire others?
- improve your own business visibility?
- have a step-by-step method to help you do it NOW?
That’s what can happen when you write a non-fiction book about your passions and expertise. Build Your Book is a feature-packed and powerful program that will help turn your knowledge into a bona fide published book – and you into a legit author (a great feeling!).
It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in – having your own book is beneficial in so many ways. Maybe you simply want to share your unique experiences and knowledge with the world. Perhaps you want to be seen as the leading authority in your field. Or maybe you’re looking for a new tool to help open doors for your business, get more leads and convert more sales. Whatever your reasons – we can help.
For entrepreneurs and business leaders, having your own book can give you valuable exposure in the media – TV, radio, press and more. But even if your ambitions aren’t so lofty, publishing your own book still gives you a written legacy, which can be just as valuable.
But HOW exactly do you write your own book?
You’ve seen how successful non-fiction books can be and this may have motivated you to create your own. Yet perhaps you feel you don’t have the time to devote to the project or you just don’t know where to begin – and keep putting it off. (After all, there is always something else you can be working on in your business.) Sound familiar?
That is why this program was created. Program creator Valerie Khoo has worked with countless individuals just like you – and she wanted to design a way to help you get your book written once and for all. To provide an easily accessible online product, with the option to benefit from her one-on-one mentoring.
NOTE: This program will help you build and publish your own non-fiction book for your business or passion. If you would like additional assistance to improve your writing skills, we recommend our course Magazine and Newspaper Writing Stage 1.
Distilling your knowledge into a book is like having a business card
on steroids – and we’ll show you how, STEP BY STEP!
Valerie Khoo is the CEO of the Australian Writers’ Centre, award-winning feature writer, co-host of two popular podcasts and author of six books including Power Stories: The 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business. She is a keynote speaker and small business commentator who wrote Fairfax’s column on entrepreneurship for seven years. A professional writing mentor who specialises in business and non-fiction books, Valerie is in high demand for her business advice. She has extensive experience mentoring entrepreneurs and thought leaders wanting to build their profile and showcase their expertise in their own business book.
“This program is about how to write a non-fiction book about your area of expertise. It’s not a ‘business book’ but ‘a book about your business’. So,
if you’re a chiropractor, your book might be about back pain. If you’re a divorce coach, it’s going to be about coping with divorce. If you’re a mortgage broker, it may be about building wealth through property.”
Program creator and mentor
Think you don’t have time to write a book?
This program has been created for the ‘real world’ – so that busy business owners can actually get this done! You’ll be given a clear blueprint to follow so that you can plan and write your book. We'll walk you through the 5 Stages to Build Your Book. We’ll also give you access to our exclusive 30-day writing bootcamp if you need extra motivation to get the words written!
How long does it take to write a book?
The program is specifically for business owners, speakers or consultants – allowing you to create your book while continuing to focus on running your business. If you’re juggling the book project with your business and family life, we would say it takes three to four months to write using this program. Add another two months to hold
it in your hands if you’re self-publishing.
However, we know some that some people want to make their book a priority.
If that’s the case, you could even write and self-publish your book within two months if you are ready to go. Start the clock!
“The program had a great pace, with a lot of really practical information. Valerie is a champ. She presents beautifully and has the experience to back it all up.”
- Tina Tower
“I enjoyed very clear explanation about a subject area which I knew nothing about. I also enjoyed the tips and tricks. Valerie was excellent - she clearly knows her stuff.”
- John Groarke
What's included in the program?
A lot! This online program is ideal if you want a comprehensive and clear, no-nonsense guide of the key steps you need to take to write a business book you can be proud of.
- How to write a business book that sells!
- A clear strategy on how to write, publish
and promote your book
- The 5 stages to building your book
- What you need to do to make it stand out from other books on the same topic
- The best structure for your book
- Whether you should write it yourself
– or outsource to a ghostwriter
- How your book should fit into your overall business eco-system
- Your publishing options – mainstream publishers versus self-publishing versus hybrid publishing
- A 30-day writing bootcamp to get your manuscript underway (you can start this at any time)
- How to write a book proposal to a traditional publisher
- A step-by-step guide to self-publishing including how to submit your ebook to Amazon and other online bookstores
- How to use your book as a lead generation machine
- Real life case studies from business owners who used their books to get more customers and build their profile
- The steps you need take to build a successful author platform
- The basics of publicity and promotion
- And MUCH more.
“Valerie is very experienced and knows the industry. It’s a great program if you want an overview of how to write a business book and what to think of to get it done!”
- Sue Webster
“Everything in the program was excellent. Content, resources, Valerie's generous sharing of ideas, resources and tips.” - Linda Chaousis
Strategy – No more guesswork. We’ll provide you with a roadmap that you can follow so that you’re clear throughout on what you should be working on.
Concept – Is your idea a good one? Even the dullest industry can be brought to life with an interesting angle, and we’ll help your book get noticed.
Structure – Knowing something is very different from imparting that knowledge onto others. You’ll learn how to showcase your expertise in logical, digestible chunks, chapter by chapter.
Writing – We explore topics such as whether to use a ghost writer, and how to research, write and edit your book. It’s about hooking people with key messages in each chapter.
Publishing – Your questions answered about mainstream vs self publishing, an overview and pros and cons of each. Which model will best suit your goals? You’ll learn how to write a book proposal for a mainstream publisher if you go that route.
Self-publishing – This content has been created by Linda Diggle – one of Australia’s pre-eminent experts in self publishing business books and the project manager behind Authority Content by David Jenyns and Foundr: Lessons from the Greatest Entrepreneurs Today by Foundr Magazine. She will help you negotiate the world of online bookstores such as Amazon, with screenshots and instruction throughout.
Marketing – For many, a book is a fantastic lead generation tool, and we will show you how to maximise that opportunity with some clever strategies.
Up front – First impressions count, which is why we will explain the importance of the right name for your book, as well as the ideal cover design and securing high-profile endorsements for promoting your book.
Case studies – Learn from 6 successful business owners.
They will reveal how they used their books to get more customers and build their profile. This is vital to see how
you can build your own book into your business ecosystem.
Platform – Giving yourself a wider profile is important for your book and also for your business in general. We cover all the ways in which to build your community and how to spread the word about your book.
Promotion – A book needs promoting, and there are some ways that are better than others. In particular, how to go about getting media coverage for your book.
Overview of Program resources:
- More than 9 hours of instantly accessible learning content
- 12 months' instant access to all online resources
(in case you want to take your time!)
- Practical advice and case studies
- Step-by-step instructions and video tutorials
- Checklists and guidelines
- Recommendations of editors, project managers
and book distributors
- Interviews with 6 business owners on how they leveraged their book to get more customers
- A complimentary copy of Power Stories: The 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business by Valerie Khoo
- Personal one-on one with Valerie (if you choose this option). Everything you need to write your own book!
Learn from real-life case studies:
- Discover how David Jenyns, author of Authority Content, leveraged his other activities to write his book. Find out how he ran a workshop, recorded the event, got it transcribed and sent the material to the ghostwriter.
- Natalie Sisson author of The Suitcase Entrepreneur reveals that the biggest growth in her business was in the year after her book was released. This also led to being asked to speak around the world, including TEDx. She was also featured on 60 Minutes.
- Jane Jackson discusses how her book Navigating Career Crossroads – How to Thrive when Changing Direction opened up a host of PR opportunities including The Huffington Post, The Australian Women’s Weekly, Michael Page, CareerOne, The Courier Mail, Cosmopolitan Middle East, and numerous local newspapers.
- Find out how Adam Franklin, co-author of Web Marketing That Works, was able to double his speaking fees, increase his consulting rates and triple his email list.
- Dr Jesse Green, author of Retention! How to Plug the #1 Profit Leak in Your Dental Practice, says that one of the best marketing strategies in his business has been to write his book. The book can directly account for additional multiple six figures in revenue. Over the last year, his revenue has trebled.
- Discover how Daniel Priestley’s book Key Person of Influence enabled him and business partner Glen Carlson to grow from a two-man band to a global $20 million company across four countries.
Build Your Book Program
If you’re a self starter who doesn’t need any help with motivation then you can get instant access to all the lessons, resources and materials. You can take yourself through the program and, if you follow all the action steps, you’ll end up with your very own book. This is for people who can take the ball and run with it. You don’t need a mentor or peers and you are self-sufficient.
Personal Mentoring: One-on-one feedback from Valerie Khoo on your strategy and writing
No two businesses are the same, just like no two authors are motivated in the same way. On top of everything the program provides, there is also an option to receive direct mentoring and personal feedback on your book from Valerie.
If your book has been burning a hole in the desk drawer for too long, needs an extra push to get over the line, or if you simply want to make it as good as it can be, this option is recommended. An excellent investment, especially if you want your book to generate new business.
“The content was excellent and the end result was that I now have renewed confidence for my current and future projects. Valerie was great; down-to-earth, knowledgeable, experienced and a good communicator.”
- John Rowland Matthew
“Valerie provided an incredible structure to write a book. It was exactly what I was looking for. I’m super inspired to follow in Valerie's footsteps!” - Toby Jenkins
Choose from 2 options
“Valerie is excellent and knowledgeable. She speaks from personal experience and therefore has credibility. Save yourself heartache and false starts by doing this [program], preferably before you start writing. Valerie shows you how to start, how to keep going, and what to do with your finished product. A brilliant investment!”
- Stephanie Owen
“This course alone has helped me know what steps I need to take in order to start and finish my book, which gave me more clarity and certainty in making it happen. Also good tips on strategic marketing, which will help me market my book. I enjoyed the simplicity of the content and authenticity, knowledge and credibility of presenter.”
- Kevin Toun
By the end of this program, you will have built your own book
There is a very tangible outcome to this program. If you choose to self-publish, you can realistically expect to follow the steps and have all the tools to create a professional, structured finished product that will generate new business and showcase your area of expertise.
Even if you opt to pursue publishing through a mainstream (traditional) publisher, you will be armed with the tools to improving your profile, making your book angle compelling and writing a proposal that will catch the eye of publishers and increase your chances of success.
More importantly, you’ll develop a strategy so that your book is an essential part of your overall business eco-system; one that helps you grow your business and get more customers.
Choose the mentoring option, and Valerie Khoo will supercharge your book’s potential and sharpen its edges. You only get one shot at this – and she can help to make it count.
Whichever option you choose, the goal is a finished book – leaving a legacy for current and future readers to read and share. The time for procrastination is over. Now is the time to share your vision, skills and new ideas with the world...