Daily motivation for less than a coffee a day
We all need a boost of motivation every now and then. Perhaps you’ve been in hibernation mode for too long. It could be ideal timing because you’ve moved house or started a new job. Maybe you’ve lost your way on your goals or are tired of procrastinating. Or you simply want to make the most of the new year and new decade. Whatever the reason, Australian Writers’ Centre’s MOJO MONTH is here to kickstart your best year ever!
Brought to you by the ridiculously encouraging and creative team behind Furious Fiction, MOJO MONTH is a feel-good, roller-coaster of motivation, discovery and personal goal setting – a LIVE EVENT that feels like a cross between a life coach and an energy drink for your soul. If you want to find your MOJO, you’re in safe hands – because we know all the fun places to look.
Who is MOJO MONTH suitable for?
MOJO MONTH is truly suitable for anyone, at any stage of their creative journey. Whether you’ve just started out or found yourself in a rut, our daily dose of feel-good motivation will do wonders!
Do any of these sound like you?
- You’ve started the year with big plans, but life has already got in the way. You’d love to find some momentum before the year gets away from you.
- You have a work in progress novel that you’ve been tinkering with, but need someone to be accountable to so that you can make real progress.
- You’re working in a non-creative role and daydream about all sorts of projects, but lack a supportive crew around you to bounce ideas off or to get inspired by.
- You’ve lost your muse. You get equal-parts inspired and deflated seeing others achieving their creative goals. You’re craving a dollop of self-confidence and energy to help you beat off your self-doubts with a stick!
- You love to write, but never seem to make it a priority. Something always comes first. You need a structure that will force you to put your writing front and centre, even just for a month.
- You write all the time, in fact clients even pay you for your words – but lately you’ve been feeling a bit “meh”. Creativity has deserted you and you’re treading water. You’d love something different to look forward to each day!
- You’ve made goals. You just need to stop procrastinating. Help!
If bells are going off in your head, then MOJO MONTH could be a perfect month of fun and motivational recalibration for your 2020 goals. (If bells really are going off in your head though, please see a doctor.)
So, how does MOJO MONTH work?
It’s pretty simple really. From the first of February, every morning you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to access your MOJO items for that day. These items have been cleverly split into four categories:
- M for mindset – a daily insight into how you should best be treating your mind, body and soul to get the most out of your life.
- O for online – we’ll share a link to something online that will make you think, make you gasp or simply make you laugh.
- J for jukebox – a curated daily song to tap your toes to. Turn it up!
- O for operation – your own mission for the day, if you choose to accept it...
The exciting part is you won’t know what motivational morsels are coming your way until the day begins. And because it’s in real time, YOU help make the month what it is – through your submissions and interactions with other MOJO members. Think of it as your very own magical mystery tour of motivation – helping you create new habits and boost your creativity!
The first MOJO MONTH: Spring Awakening took place in September 2019 and was a huge success. Here’s what some of the participants had to say about their experience:
"Thank you MOJO Team for one of the best months I have had in quite a while. I am almost totally blind and over the last four years thought my aspirations were over. I have resumed my autobiography and resumed the historical fiction I was working on. 3000 words! THANK YOU."
– Christine Reed
"MOJO MONTH was an absolute surprise. I think anyone who is aspiring to write or pursue any creative process would benefit immensely if they spend a month going through this time of self discovery. The course nurtures a holistic approach to creativity while providing a strong foundation to keep up a writing practice. The course for me was life changing. DO IT, DO IT, DO IT."
– Jeanette Becklar
"I am an artist and writer and I believe the course can help any creative mind, not just writers. You make heaps of new friends to help you in the future if you get stuck again. It was fantastic how it created a community of like-minded writers from all over the world. Worth every cent, a wonderful experience. Thank you so much."
– Christine Denniss
"I didn't really know what to expect but I loved it so much. I loved the positivity and energy springing out at me every day. I loved feeling part of a group all doing the same things and having the same struggles/triumphs. It quickly became part of my routine and the springboard to get me writing every day. I will sorely miss it. Bring on the next one!"
– Imogen French
At the end of MOJO MONTH, you will have:
- Fantastic strategies for battling imposter syndrome and staying motivated
- A bunch of new ways to unlock your creativity instantly
- More words under your belt for your WIP or new stories
- A stack of online resources and motivational music
- Supercharged techniques on big and small goal setting
- Powerful methods and insights on improving productivity
- New mojo mates from the course!
- Feel-good vibes from prioritising something you love.
And MUCH MORE!
Designed to help people find their creative spark, beat procrastination and achieve small yet powerful goals throughout the month, MOJO MONTH is for ANY type of writer who wants to get back in the groove and invigorate their daily routine.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much time will I need?
MOJO MONTH has been created for busy bees and is designed to fit around jam-packed schedules. You'll discover quick and easy ways to re-energise your writing routine and expand your creative thinking. It’s more about mindset than minutes. If you have time for a cuppa in the morning – you'll have time for MOJO MONTH!
What if I miss a day?
It’s up to you to complete each day, but if you happen to miss a day's activity here and there – no biggie. We’re all adults – simply catch up the next day or write it off. But we suspect you'll quickly find yourself addicted to your daily MOJO Mail and will suddenly have MORE time than ever before to dedicate to your creative projects!
Do I need writing experience?
Nope. MOJO MONTH has been designed for complete newbies, creative writers, seasoned professionals and anyone who wants more motivation to achieve their goals. The themes we discuss are common to all humans.
Will MOJO help me get out of my creative rut?
We understand the ebbs and flows of a creative life and how debilitating it can be when you're in a creative slump. Whether you're currently working on a writing project or just craving more time to stretch your right brain – MOJO will give you fun and easy-to-follow things to help you fulfil your creative potential.
You mentioned it’s from the creators of Furious Fiction?
Why yes! The same team that brings you AWC’s wildly popular monthly flash-fiction competition are the creative brains behind MOJO MONTH. They love seeing people like you achieve your dreams and have prepared a truckload of daily insights, writing motivation and feel-good fun just for YOU.
When will MOJO MONTH begin?
This special event only runs a few times a year. So don’t risk MOJO FOMO – register your interest and you'll be the first to know when the next one launches!