Your future starts now...
Do you want to change careers? Does the idea of crafting stories, meeting people and seeing your words in print appeal to you?
If you’ve always wanted to get published and explore the world of writing … you can! If you follow our inspiring workbook and audio program, you will be well on your way to a new career as a writer. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a completely unrelated job because this program maps out a plan you can follow in order to change careers and succeed as a writer.
How do I know this?
Because I’ve done the same thing. My name is Valerie Khoo. I’m the founder and National Director of the Australian Writers’ Centre. I used to be an accountant. At the time, I thought I’d better take a “safe” career option. But one day I realised I had to give in to my childhood dream of becoming a writer. I eventually decided I had to follow my passions, so I set myself a plan to transition careers – and I’ve never looked back.
Now, I’m a journalist, author and entrepreneur. I’ve contributed regularly to The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age newspapers and I’m the author of five books. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I also write for a range of corporate and consumer publications. And I love it! Sometimes, I have to pinch myself that I’m being paid so well to do what I absolutely love.
I’m always thankful that I had the guts to Reinvent Myself. And you can too …
"I just wanted to let you know that I bought your 'Reinvent Yourself' Audio Workshop and absolutely loved it." - Nicole Foster
"I just wanted to let you know that I bought your 'Reinvent Yourself' Audio Workshop and absolutely loved it."
- Nicole Foster
Here’s what you receive:
- An audio program in 3 parts that will lead you on your journey of reinvention.
- A comprehensive workbook/transcripts so you have my tips, advice and strategies at your fingertips.
- 5 inspiring case studies of people from all walks of life who have recently reinvented themselves – to become writers.
- 14 exclusive interviews with successful and established writers who share their secrets on how to make it.
Your interviews include:
- Michael Cunningham – Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Hours and By Nightfall.
- Pamela Freeman – Creative writing mentor and author of over 30 books, including The War Bride, the Castings trilogy, and the Princess Betony series.
- Kate Grenville – One of Australia’s finest writers, Kate is the author of award-winning novels such as The Secret River and Sarah Thornhill
- Matthew Reilly – Phenomenally popular action/thriller author of nearly 20 books, including Contest, Ice Station, Hover Car Racer and the Scarecrow series.
- Thomas Keneally – Australian National Living Treasure and author of classic novels such as The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith, Schindler’s Ark and Daughters of Mars.
- Liane Moriarty – Author of wildly successful novels Big Little Lies, The Husband's Secret and Truly, Madly, Guilty. The only Australian to have a novel debut at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list.
- Graeme Simsion – Award-winning Australian author of novels, short stories, plays, screenplays and two non-fiction books. Best-known for The Rosie Project and The Rosie Effect.
- And many more.
"I feel that my confidence is building and I'm moving forward with my passion. Thank you. I could not have made these simple changes without your guidance." - Catherine Hawthorne
"I feel that my confidence is building and I'm moving forward with my passion. Thank you. I could not have made these simple changes without your guidance."
- Catherine Hawthorne
How our “self-paced courses” work
Reinvent Yourself is one of AWC’s 20+ “self-paced” online courses. But what does that mean? Allow us to explain:
You can start NOW
Your Reinvent Yourself workbook and audio program is your foundation for success. Years from now, you don’t want to be saying to yourself: “I wish I had tried to be a writer …”
You can become a writer – and you can start that journey NOW with this step-by-step guide.
Reinvent Yourself is like having me right by your side, showing you what to do every step of the way. If you did have face-to-face one-on-one mentoring with me, a mere 15 minutes would cost you more than the price of this product alone. And my schedule is very booked up.
It’s like a one-on-one session with me
That’s why I’ve created this workbook and audio program. It’s everything you need to Reinvent Yourself. It’s me talking directly to you. You can listen on your phone, while you’re commuting or while you’re doing the gardening. Unlike a one-off mentoring session, you can “playback” my advice whenever you need some motivation.
Your first step
The best time to start is NOW. Your Reinvent Yourself program is available on demand. Get started straight away – you can take it slow, or ramp it up if you’re in a hurry! The choice is yours.