Write copy that Google loves!
SEO (search engine optimisation) copywriting is the art of writing words that help websites get found on page one of Google. It’s an essential business writing skill that turns poorly performing sites into profitable ones. If you’re keen to learn the essence of how to elevate standard copy into SEO copy, this course is for you.
SEO copywriters are in huge demand because they instantly impact how a website gets ranked. How powerful would it be to have a skill that determines if your website gets found on page one or page seven! Clients will pay top dollar to those who can help them do that.
This five-week SEO copywriting course shows you tried-and-tested SEO tactics that will deliver higher rankings, more traffic and conversions, increase the rate of click-throughs and page rankings.
You’ll learn the insider tips and tricks to improve your SEO copy, learn how to harness the on-page and off-page tactics to improve SEO, conduct successful keyword research for your own business and clients, attract quality external links, understand Google Analytics and more.
This practical, easy to understand course gives you the confidence to write SEO copy for your own business as well as write SEO copy for other clients and make exceptional money doing so.
Can you learn this skill?
Yes. Is it as complex as it seems? No. You’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to learn and be amazed at how quickly you can get a result.
Do you have to be tech-savvy to learn SEO copywriting?
Absolutely not. Most SEO copywriters never get involved in the coding or back-end operations. SEO copywriting is a blend of art, science and creativity and requires minimal understanding of web development, web design or coding. If you can use Word, you can do this course.
If you’re new to copywriting, this course will fast-track your education and have you writing successful SEO copy in no time. If you’re already a copywriter but want to offer a new, profitable service to clients, this course will give you the confidence to provide SEO copywriting and charge premium prices for your efforts.
With this SEO copywriting blueprint for success you will learn:
- The importance of SEO
- The relationship between SEO and creating a visible digital presence
- The top on-page SEO factors utilised by all great copywriters
- How you can leverage keywords to attract quality traffic to your site
- How to make your website user-friendly – for Google and your customers!
- Understanding title tags and meta tags, and how to use them effectively
- How to use long tail and short tail keywords
- Keyword planning and research
- The importance of creating a positive online user experience
- How to stop people ‘bouncing’ off your website
- How to use SEO to market your business
- How to snare competitive traffic and drive it to your site
- How to acquire quality links that improve your Google ranking
- How to bring an audience to your website with SEO
- An overview of important tech tools like Google Analytics, Yoast and other tools that will help you become a top SEO copywriter
- How to improve your online presence using keywords and your domain name
- The importance of blogging and content marketing for SEO
- How to integrate SEO into your blog and content
- Making money from SEO copywriting – how to position yourself as an SEO copywriter and create a unique point of difference.
SEO copywriting allows you to:
- increase your copywriting skill set
- charge more for your services
- offer tangible skills that helps a client make more money
- provide a point of difference to other copywriters
- market your own business effectively without hiring expensive SEO copywriters
- build a skill set that keeps you ahead of the industry curve and relevant to your clients.
Who is this course for?
- Copywriters who want to add a new skill to their resume.
- Content creators who are ‘winging it’ and want a system for creating SEO copy that converts.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs who want do their own SEO (or at least know enough to hold their SEO consultants accountable).
- Web developers, PR consultants and journalists wanting to get an edge on competitors and offer a point of difference to clients.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What level of experience do I need?
A: There are no prerequisites to do this course. It covers a range of topics and is structured to offer substance and stretch activities for every level of expertise. Even if you don’t want to be a full-time SEO copywriter, just having the skills to write great SEO copy for your own business will give you the knowledge and power to propel your webpage to the top of Google and get remarkable results. If you’re seeking practical, real-world training that generates paid work, helps you create a point of difference to other copywriters and lets you profit from the explosion on online business that is occurring, this is the course for you.
Q: I see you also offer other copywriting courses. Which should I do first?
A: Good question! It doesn’t matter which you do first, as there is almost no overlap – just try to do them within a year of each other. All are online and tutored by Bernadette Schwerdt.
SEO Copywriting (that's this one) delves deeper into the specifics of writing for websites so that they rank highly in search engines. Copywriting Essentials focuses on the core principles of copywriting, while How to Build a Successful Freelance Copywriting Business will help you get lots of clients and make money! Each course runs multiple times through the year.
We are Australia’s leading provider of short writing courses. Our world-class presenters are actively working in business and will ensure your training is relevant, up to date and fun!STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
with SEO Copywriting
How our online tutor-led courses work:
- You get your own online class tutor. You can interact with them online (similar to social media).
- All you need is a reliable internet connection (ideally ADSL/Broadband – if you can play the video below, you should be fine!).
- During the course, a new module goes live every Monday morning (Sydney/Melbourne time) – allow 3+ hours to complete these, at any time during that week.
- A short weekly assignment is due each Sunday night, with tutor feedback provided the following week.