ON SALE: Save $500 on Write a Business Book.
Offer ends midnight Monday 13 April 2020.
Would YOU like to:
- write a book that showcases your passion and knowledge?
- be seen as a leader in your industry?
- gain instant credibility?
- motivate and inspire others?
- improve your own business visibility?
- get step-by-step instructions on writing your own book NOW?
Are you ready to become an author?
Write a Business Book is a feature-packed and powerful program that will help turn your knowledge into a bona fide non-fiction published book – and you into a legit author (a great feeling!).
It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in – having your own book is beneficial in so many ways. Maybe you simply want to share your unique experiences and knowledge with the world. Perhaps you want to be seen as the leading authority in your field. Or maybe you’re looking for a new tool to help open doors for your business, get more leads and convert more sales. Whatever your reasons – we can help.
For entrepreneurs and business leaders, having your own book can give you valuable exposure in the media – TV, radio, press and more. But even if your ambitions aren’t so lofty, publishing your own book still gives you a written legacy, which can be just as valuable.
But HOW exactly do you write your own book?
- You’ve seen just how successful non-fiction books can be and this may have motivated you to create your own.
- Yet perhaps you feel you don’t have the time to devote to the project or you just don’t know where to begin – and keep putting it off.
- After all, there is always something else you can be working on in your business.
- Sound familiar?
This program was created by AWC founder and business mentor Valerie Khoo. Valerie has worked with countless individuals over the years – and she wanted to design an easy way for anyone to be able to create their own book that showcases their passion or expertise.
NOTE: This program will help you write and publish your own non-fiction book for your business or passion. If you would like additional assistance to improve your writing skills, we recommend our course Freelance Writing Stage 1.
How our “self-paced courses” work
Write a Business Book is one of AWC’s 20+ “self-paced” online courses. But what does that mean? Allow us to explain:
Distilling your knowledge into a book is like having a business card
on steroids – and we’ll show you how, STEP BY STEP!
Valerie Khoo is the CEO of the Australian Writers’ Centre, award-winning feature writer, co-host of two popular podcasts and author of six books including Power Stories: The 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business. She is a keynote speaker and small business commentator who wrote Fairfax’s column on entrepreneurship for seven years. A professional writing mentor who specialises in business and non-fiction books, Valerie is in high demand for her business advice. She has extensive experience mentoring entrepreneurs and thought leaders wanting to build their profile and showcase their expertise in their own business book.
“This program is about how to write a non-fiction book about your area of expertise. That may not necessarily mean a 'business book', but 'a book about your business'. So, if you're a chiropractor, your book might be about back pain. If you're a mortgage broker, it may be about building wealth through property. Or if you're a beekeeper it could be all about honey! It's YOUR book about YOUR area of interest.”
Program creator and mentor
Think you don’t have time to write a book?
This program has been created for the ‘real world’ – so that busy business owners (that's you, by the way) can actually get this done! You’ll be given a clear blueprint to follow so that you can plan and write your book. We'll walk you through the 5 Stages to Building Your Book. We’ll also give you access to our exclusive 30-day writing bootcamp if you need extra motivation to get the words written!
“The program had a great pace, with a lot of really practical information. Valerie is a champ. She presents beautifully and has the experience to back it all up.”
- Tina Tower
“I enjoyed very clear explanation about a subject area which I knew nothing about. I also enjoyed the tips and tricks. Valerie was excellent - she clearly knows her stuff.”
- John Groarke
What's included in the program?
A lot! This online program is ideal if you want a comprehensive and clear, no-nonsense guide of the key steps you need to take to write a business book you can be proud of.
- How to write a business book that sells!
- A clear strategy on how to write, publish
and promote your book
- The 5 stages to building your book
- What you need to do to make it stand out from other books on the same topic
- The best structure for your book
- Whether you should write it yourself
– or outsource to a ghostwriter
- How your book should fit into your overall business eco-system
- Your publishing options – mainstream publishers versus self-publishing versus hybrid publishing
- A 30-day writing bootcamp to get your manuscript underway (you can start this at any time)
- How to write a book proposal to a traditional publisher
- A step-by-step guide to self-publishing including how to submit your ebook to Amazon and other online bookstores
- How to use your book as a lead generation machine
- Real life case studies from business owners who used their books to get more customers and build their profile
- The steps you need take to build a successful author platform
- The basics of publicity and promotion
- And MUCH more.
“Valerie is very experienced and knows the industry. It’s a great program if you want an overview of how to write a business book and what to think of to get it done!”
- Sue Webster
“Everything in the program was excellent. Content, resources, Valerie's generous sharing of ideas, resources and tips.”
- Linda Chaousis
This program has 15 practical modules, including:
Strategy – No more guesswork. We’ll provide you with a roadmap that you can follow so that you’re clear throughout on what you should be working on.
Concept – Is your idea a good one? Even the dullest industry can be brought to life with an interesting angle, and we’ll help your book get noticed.
Structure – Knowing something is very different from imparting that knowledge onto others. You’ll learn how to showcase your expertise in logical, digestible chunks, chapter by chapter.
Writing – We explore topics such as whether to use a ghost writer, and how to research, write and edit your book. It’s about hooking people with key messages in each chapter.
Publishing – Your questions answered about mainstream vs self publishing, an overview and pros and cons of each. Which model will best suit your goals? You’ll learn how to write a book proposal for a mainstream publisher if you go that route.
Self-publishing – This content has been created by Linda Diggle – one of Australia’s pre-eminent experts in self publishing business books and the project manager behind Authority Content by David Jenyns and Foundr: Lessons from the Greatest Entrepreneurs Today by Foundr Magazine. She will help you negotiate the world of online bookstores such as Amazon, with screenshots and instruction throughout.
Marketing – For many, a book is a fantastic lead generation tool, and we will show you how to maximise that opportunity with some clever strategies.
Up front – First impressions count, which is why we will explain the importance of the right name for your book, as well as the ideal cover design and securing high-profile endorsements for promoting your book.
Case studies – Learn from 6 successful business owners.
They will reveal how they used their books to get more customers and build their profile. This is vital to see how
you can build your own book into your business ecosystem.
Platform – Giving yourself a wider profile is important for your book and also for your business in general. We cover all the ways in which to build your community and how to spread the word about your book.
Promotion – A book needs promoting, and there are some ways that are better than others. In particular, how to go about getting media coverage for your book.
Overview of program resources:
- More than 9 hours of on-demand learning content
- 12 months' access to all online resources (in case you want to take your time!)
- Practical advice and case studies
- Step-by-step instructions and video tutorials
- Checklists and guidelines
- Recommendations of editors, project managers and book distributors
- Interviews with 6 business owners on how they leveraged their book to get more customers
Learn from real-life case studies:
- Discover how David Jenyns, author of Authority Content, leveraged his other activities to write his book. Find out how he ran a workshop, recorded the event, got it transcribed and sent the material to the ghostwriter.
- Natalie Sisson author of The Suitcase Entrepreneur reveals that the biggest growth in her business was in the year after her book was released. This also led to being asked to speak around the world, including TEDx. She was also featured on 60 Minutes.
- Jane Jackson discusses how her book Navigating Career Crossroads – How to Thrive when Changing Direction opened up a host of PR opportunities including The Huffington Post, The Australian Women’s Weekly, Michael Page, CareerOne, The Courier Mail, Cosmopolitan Middle East, and numerous local newspapers.
- Find out how Adam Franklin, co-author of Web Marketing That Works, was able to double his speaking fees, increase his consulting rates and triple his email list.
- Dr Jesse Green, author of Retention! How to Plug the #1 Profit Leak in Your Dental Practice, says that one of the best marketing strategies in his business has been to write his book. The book can directly account for additional multiple six figures in revenue. Over the last year, his revenue has trebled.
- Discover how Daniel Priestley’s book Key Person of Influence enabled him and business partner Glen Carlson to grow from a two-man band to a global $20 million company across four countries.
“The content was excellent and the end result was that I now have renewed confidence for my current and future projects. Valerie was great; down-to-earth, knowledgeable, experienced and a good communicator.”
- John Rowland Matthew
“Valerie provided an incredible structure to write a book. It was exactly what I was looking for. I’m super inspired to follow in Valerie's footsteps!” - Toby Jenkins
By the end of this program, you will have your very own book
There is a very tangible outcome to this program. If you choose to self-publish, you can realistically expect to follow the steps and have all the tools to create a professional, structured finished product that will generate new business and showcase your area of expertise.
Even if you opt to pursue publishing through a mainstream (traditional) publisher, you will be armed with the tools to improving your profile, making your book angle compelling and writing a proposal that will catch the eye of publishers and increase your chances of success.
More importantly, you’ll develop a strategy so that your book is an essential part of your overall business eco-system; one that helps you grow your business and get more customers.
You’ll be able to supercharge your book’s potential and sharpen its edges. You only get one shot at this – make it count.
The goal is a finished book – leaving a legacy for current and future readers to enjoy and share. No more thinking about it – now is the time to share your vision, skills and new ideas with the world!
“Valerie is excellent and knowledgeable. She speaks from personal experience and therefore has credibility. Save yourself heartache and false starts by doing this [program], preferably before you start writing. Valerie shows you how to start, how to keep going, and what to do with your finished product. A brilliant investment!”
- Stephanie Owen
“This course alone has helped me know what steps I need to take in order to start and finish my book, which gave me more clarity and certainty in making it happen. Also good tips on strategic marketing, which will help me market my book. I enjoyed the simplicity of the content and authenticity, knowledge and credibility of presenter.”
- Kevin Toun