Join award-winning author Pamela Freeman and romance author Kali Anthony as they host our special “How to become a romance writer” event and take an intimate look inside the world’s biggest-selling genre.
If you’ve flirted with the idea of writing romantic fiction, or simply would love to learn how to add more sizzle to your stories, this is the session for you. Pamela and Kali share their own experiences and top tips for aspiring authors plus answer YOUR questions about how to succeed in this popular market.
More than 400 people participated in our live event. You can watch the replay below!
Pamela and Kali answer all your burning questions, such as:
- What are the different categories of romance fiction?
- How do you know if you’re writing a romance novel vs a love story?
- How do you create believable characters that fit the genre?
- What are some of the best ways to bring intimacy alive on the page?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes new authors make?
- What are publishers of romance looking for?
- Can romance novels include LGBTQ+ characters?
- What are some tips for writing a trilogy?
- How much research should you do for your story?
- What are some tips for writing character points of view that are different from your own?
- Can you make a living as a romance writer?
- What’s the difference between romance novels and erotica?
- Should you be traditionally published or self-publish?
And much more.
This is a wonderful opportunity to hear directly from leading romance authors so you can approach your writing with confidence. So, light the candles, slip into something more comfortable and enjoy this creative date…
MEET YOUR HOSTS
Pamela Freeman is the bestselling, award-winning author of more than 40 books and the creator of many AWC courses including our latest Romance Writing course. As Pamela Freeman, she began her writing career with children’s books. Over the past few years, she’s also been writing for adults as Pamela Hart, producing historical romances set in World War I and the Roaring 20s. Her most recent book is a murder mystery, Digging Up Dirt, which has romantic elements. Pamela’s latest book, Eleven Pipers Piping, is a Regency romance being released in December 2021 as part of a two-book deal with Escape Publishing.
Kali Anthony is an Australian author of contemporary romance novels. When Kali read her first romance novel at age 14 she realised a few things: that there can never be too many happy endings, and that one day she’d be writing them herself. Nine years ago Kali took the plunge and penned her first story. Writing’s been a love affair ever since. In 2017 she finaled in the Romance Writers' of Australia's Valerie Parv Awards and in 2020 won an Emily Award for best short contemporary romance manuscript. Kali has published multiple books with Harlequin Presents/Mills and Boon Modern. Her fourth book, Snowbound in his Billion-Dollar Bed, is being released in January 2022.