What is the program schedule?
The face-to-face classes are held 6.30-8.30pm and run on Monday evenings from Monday 17 August 2020 to Monday 29 March 2021 (inclusive). There's a break to focus on structural edits of your classmates’ manuscripts from Monday 22 February to Monday 15 March 2021 (inclusive). There will be no class on Monday 5 October 2020 and Monday 21 December 2020 to Monday 25 January 2021 (due to holidays).
What are the payment options?
There are 2 payment options:
Option 1: Upfront payment – a single payment of $2295 (payable upon successful application).
Option 2: Payment plan – one payment of $415 upon successful application, AND 5 payments of $415 every 30 days, starting on the first day of the program. (Total: $2490.) A receipt is emailed to you after each transaction.
How do I apply?
If you're ready to apply, scroll to the application buttons at the bottom of this page.
Please have the following ready to submit your application:
1. Credit card and contact information. No payments will be processed until your application is approved by your tutor (regardless of which payment option you select).
2. Your writing sample. Your file must:
- start with a short paragraph about yourself and your writing experience. This helps the online tutor understand more about you and your writing, to give context for your application. You could include details about your novel, other pieces you've written, courses you may have attended etc. (It's perfectly fine if you haven't completed any courses in writing!)
- include a 1500-word sample of your writing. Ideally, this should be from the novel you intend to be working on during the program. If you would rather send another piece of writing instead that's fine, but please do mention it is not from the novel you will be working on in the program.
- Saved as a Word document with your name included in the filename.
What else do I need to know?
Just a couple more things:
- It takes no more than 4 days for your application to be reviewed – and we'll keep you updated if it will be any longer than that.
- You need a minimum of 20,000 words of your novel written to gain entry into the program. It's not a hard-and-fast rule, however, you'll be very busy if you don't get at least this much written before the start of the program.
I'm ready to apply
Great! Read the enrolment conditions carefully, then choose your preferred payment option to get started.
When entering into a 6-month program the entire fee must be paid. If you choose the “6 monthly payments” option, you agree that your credit card will automatically be charged the agreed amount at the intervals indicated. When enrolling you acknowledge that you're making a commitment to pay the full amount to Australian Writers’ Centre in exchange for the privilege of participating in the program.
Cancellation/withdrawal is only permitted before the course starts
If you cannot attend the course, you must advise the Australian Writers’ Centre in writing at least four weeks before the course starts. If this happens, you will receive a credit note to the full value of the course. You can use this credit note towards any Australian Writers' Centre courses.
In exceptional circumstances, special consideration may be given for withdrawals or transfers within the four week period. If this occurs, you will be charged a $125 administration fee and a credit note will be issued for the outstanding amount.
Please choose this course carefully and understand that once the course has commenced, there are no transfers or refunds in the event you are unable to attend for any reason, including changes to my work commitments.
These conditions apply even if you enrol within the four-week grace period.
Australian Writers’ Centre reserves the right to cancel or terminate a course. If this happens, you will be refunded the course fee paid. The Centre is also committed to providing participants with a productive and nurturing environment. The Centre reserves the right to, at its sole discretion, limit, suspend, or terminate your right to participate in the program without refund of payment if you become disruptive or difficult to work with, or if your behaviour impairs the ability of instructors or fellow participants to participate in the program, either in class or online.
The course materials are copyright and you must never to sell, rent or otherwise distribute course materials in any way.
Option 1. Upfront payment
A single payment of $2295 (payable upon successful application).
Option 2. Payment plan
One payment of $415 upon successful application, AND
5 payments of $415 every 30 days, starting on the first day of the course. (Total: $2490.) A receipt is emailed to you for each transaction.