How do two Israeli brothers with no money, basic tech skills and patchy English build some of Australia’s most successful online businesses, with a combined exit valued of more than $1 billion?
You may not know their faces but you’ll certainly know the brands they build – Catch.com.au, Menulog, Scoopon and Luxury Escapes. What’s more, they did it on a budget and spent virtually zero on marketing.
How did they do it? With great copywriting, an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion to create a successful business.
In this episode, the co-founder Gabby Leibovich reveals:
- How he built multiple businesses without spending any money on advertising
- What he looks for when hiring copywriters
- How to turn humiliation and failure into the fuel for success
- The secrets to innovation when you’re up against competitors bigger than you
- The power of PR and how to get it, even when you’re just starting out
- How you can make your own luck when everything is going wrong
- The power of networking (even if you’re an introvert and hate going out)
Fun fact: You never know where copywriting will take you. After interviewing Gabby for my first book, Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs, he contacted me four years later to ask if I would ghost-write his business book. I did, the book is out, went to #1 on Booktopia and Amazon one week after launch and the rest is history.
The lesson? Writing books is great fun, lucrative and as a copywriter, you are the perfect person to help others do it! Just think of it as one long copywriting job.
Mentioned in this episode:
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
Share the love!