Did you know that artificial intelligence can now write copy, and really good copy, at that. Yes, that technology is here and it’s either an opportunity for us copywriters, or it’s a threat – you be the judge.
And the man to tell us more about that is Mark Baartse, former Chief Marketing Officer at Showpo, the online fashion retailer, and digital marketer extraordinaire.
Nominated in the top 50 CMOs in Australia, in the top 50 people in ecommerce retailing and credited with increasing Showpo’s revenue by 400% in three years, and growing the marketing team from 1 person (him) to 18, Mark knows more about digital marketing than most.
His clients include Officeworks, Salesforce, Big W, Vodafone and many more.
His common sense, no-nonsense, down to earth approach for how to market any business is both refreshing and enlightening.
In this episode, he talks to us about:
- the trends in marketing that copywriters really need to know about
- some clever strategies he uses to simplify complex marketing briefs
- the questions he asks his clients that keep things real
- why we should be afraid of AI
- what all good copywriters should be learning right now
- how he likes to work with copywriters
- what he looks for when hiring copywriters
- and much more.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Mark’s website
- Video about GPT-3 (the AI bot writing copy)
- Learn more about GPT-3
- Article on The Guardian that was written by a robot
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
Share the love!