What do Nicole Kidman, Baz Luhrmann, Neil Armfield, Louis Nowra and Fran Kelly all have in common? Alison Dunn has worked with them all.
As one of Australia’s foremost arts publicists, she’s been instrumental in promoting some of the world’s most prestigious artists, shows and festivals. She was the head of business development and marketing for the Sydney Festival, marketing manager for the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra, director of marketing for the Adelaide Festival, and much more.
Now, in her ‘third act’ of working for herself, choosing purpose-led, heart-centred projects is her goal and copywriting enables her to achieve that.
In this episode, Alison talks to us about how she:
- ted herself and created a new business from scratch
- landed a $30k writing contract via LinkedIn
- reframes past work experiences to position herself as a successful copywriter
- believes copywriting is the perfect occupation for those in their ‘third act’ of life
- repackages her skill sets to be of value to a client
Mentioned in this episode:
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
Share the love!