Are you are one of those copywriters who need a website, have been putting it off because it’s just too hard, and you know you are losing business to those who do have one? In this episode you’ll learn exactly what you need to create your website and how to do it.
Sandy Taylor is a web developer and designer with a passion for design, economics, SEO, psychology and common sense. And today I talk to her about how copywriters can build their website.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How to brief a website developer
- How to write copy for your website
- What platform to use – WordPress, Wix or Squarespace and the pros/cons of each
- What plug ins are, why they’re useful and how to get the free ones
- Why niching your copywriting business is critical and three steps to creating a niche that is uniquely yours
- How to design a website and use templates to get inspiration
- What a great copywriting website contains
- Why copywriters often write too much for their website
- Why you should focus on your mobile version before your desktop version
- The power of photos and how to get a good one (and what to do if you really don’t like the look of yourself)
- What pages your website must have
Sandy Taylor is an unusual blend of SEO copywriter, web designer and small business marketing strategist, who’s fascinated by how the world works.
She turns the qualities of one person into profitable business brands, using a thoughtful mix of design, economics, SEO, psychology and common sense.
She works with small business owners in a done-for-you capacity at sandytaylor.com.au, and delivers online programs at smallbusinessmarketingcoach.com.au.
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
For copywriters. Creating wealth from words.™