Would you like to sell your copywriting business for a million dollars, or even $10 million dollars? It’s possible, and Kobi Simmat is going to show us how.
Kobi is one of Australia's most successful business improvement specialists. He recently achieved a $20 million valuation and then a successful sale of his own business and now helps others unlock the full potential of their businesses. He wrote a book called ‘How to Build a Business Others Want to Buy’ and, full disclosure, I was his ghostwriter so I got to spend a lot of time hearing how he did it and how others can too. I think you’re going to love what he has to say.
And the good news? A copywriting business is the perfect business to sell because our clients don’t just need one piece of content; they need lots of content on a monthly basis which makes a copywriting business a very attractive proposition. And why is that? Because the # 1 thing that buyers look for is monthly recurring revenue. What a coincidence.
In this episode you’ll learn how to:
- prepare your copywriting businesses for sale
- value your business
- make your business more valuable
- create a source of monthly recurring revenue
- use the five-step sales process to sell like a pro
- be an ethical salesperson
- remove objections and close the sale when talking to clients
- understand the metrics buyers look at when buying a business
- understand ‘multiples’ and the impact they have on the valuation of a business
- read a profit and loss statement
- create an ‘owners’ mindset’
- move from technician to visionary
- set up your morning rituals to guarantee success
- do less of the grunt work and more of the strategy work (and find out what kind of strategy work you should be doing!)
- use the ‘Book of 50’ principle to systematise your business
- delegate the tasks you don’t like so you can do more of what you do like
- use a five-step process to work on the business and not in it
- scale your content and do more with less effort (Kobi posts 1000 pieces of content a week! – find out how he did that!)
Kobi Simmat is a self-taught expert in business management and advisory services, and the founder of Best Practice Biz. He achieved a $20 million valuation and then a successful sale of his business and now helps others unlock the full potential of their businesses. Download your free chapter of his new book, How to Build a Business Others Want to Buy.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Download your free chapter of Kobi’s book
- Kobi on LinkedIn
- Kobi on Instagram
- Kobi on Facebook
- Kobi on TikTok
- Kobi on YouTube
- Kobi on Twitter
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
For copywriters. Creating wealth from words.™