From Rachel Smith, the founder of Rachel’s list
It’s not every day you get to speak to the eponymous founder of a successful business but today I get to speak to Rachel, the Rachel in Rachel’s list.
If you haven’t heard of it, the List is an online platform that showcases a huge range of fantastic jobs for journalists, copywriters, content creators and branding specialists. If you’re looking for paid work, this is the place to start.
In this podcast we talk about:
- How a small lunch with friends turned into a successful business
- How to post a job or find a job
- How to position yourself for the future
- How to deal with imposter syndrome
- Red flags that signify a client is going to be a headache and how to avoid them
- How to charge for your work
About Rachel Smith
Rachel Smith is a freelance journalist, copywriter and content producer who’s freelanced for over 20 years. She splits her time between writing for editors, content chiefs and clients, to running www.rachelslist.com.au, a popular jobs board and community for other writers and creatives. Rachel also co-hosts a popular podcast, The Content Byte, with fellow journo Lynne Testoni. Making words behave is her passion, but she also loves connecting people and helping freelancers find work and build a business they’re happy with.
Mentioned in this episode:
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
For copywriters. Creating wealth from words.™