Our top-rating podcast, So you want to be a writer, is celebrating 300 episodes this week and we have a Great Big Book Pack to give away as a party favour! This MASSIVE 30-book prize contains a great selection of contemporary fiction, children’s books, crime and thrillers, memoirs and much more. One lucky winner will score the lot.
But to win, we’d like you to tell us a little bit about yourself.
Namely, to answer this question in the most creative way that you know how: What’s the #1 thing you’ve learnt from listening to the So you want to be a writer podcast with Valerie Khoo and Allison Tait?
Is it one of Val’s words of the week, Al’s ‘fair to middling’ approach to life, have you discovered banoffee pie, did you find your new favourite author, or is there a writing tip that’s changed your life?
Something else? Tell us! We really want to know.
To enter, you can either:
- upload a blog post
- craft a tweet
- write a Facebook post
- shoot a video
- create an image
- [insert your own brilliant idea]
and SHARE it to your favourite social media platform – Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #valandal300.
Al is looking for her favourite entry to WIN ALL THE BOOKS, so remember to make sure your post is PUBLIC, or she won’t see it.
If you want to make doubly sure she won’t miss your creative stylings, tag her at:
As well as @WritersCentreAU
ONE WEEK ONLY. Competition closes 6am Tuesday 8 October 2019 (Sydney/Melbourne time).
The fine print
Winner will be announced in episode 302 of the So you want to be a writer, on the Australian Writers’ Centre blog, and in the So you want to be a writer podcast community on Facebook. Open worldwide. Winner will be judged on creativity, humour and/or ability to evoke all the feels in Allison’s fair-middling heart. Competition closes 6am Tuesday 8 October 2019 (Sydney/Melbourne time).
A reminder again how to enter:
1 . Create a blog or social media post that addresses this question:
What’s the #1 thing you’ve learnt from listening to the So you want to be a writer podcast with Valerie Khoo and Allison Tait?
2. Post your entry to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or via your blog:
- Instagram: add #valandal300 to the end and tag @allisontaitwriter @writerscentreau
- Facebook: Add #valandal300 to your post and tag @allisontaitwriter and @writerscentreau. NOTE: the post will need to be PUBLIC for us to see it.
- Twitter: Add #valandal300 to the end of your message and tag @altait @writerscentreau
- Blog: Share the link on social media (Twitter or Facebook, see above)
3. Follow the hashtag to see what others are posting!
We can’t wait to see who scores this bountiful booty of books. GOOD LUCK!