Meet Karen Wyld, author of Heroes, Rebels and Innovators: Inspiring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from history. Discover the story behind The Bondi to Manly Walk Guidebook by Tara Wells. Learn how AWC graduate Sandhya Parappukkaran followed her creative curiosity to become a published picture book author. Plus, we have 3 copies of The Housemate by Sarah Bailey to give away.
Links mentioned in this episode
- The Story behind The Bondi to Manly Walk Guidebook
- How Sandhya Parappukkaran followed her creative curiosity to become a published picture book author
- WIN ‘The Housemate’ by Sarah Bailey
- So you want to be a writer Facebook group
Writer in residence: Karen Wyld
Karen Wyld lives by the sea, south of Adelaide. Born on Kaurna yerta in South Australia, she is of Martu descent (people of the Pilbara region in Western Australia). Karen was the recipient of the 2020 Dorothy Hewitt Award for an Unpublished Manuscript, shortlisted for a 2021 Victorian Premier's Literary Award and longlisted for the ABIA Small Publishers' Adult Book of the Year.
Karen's books include the family saga Where the Fruit Falls (UWA Publishing, 2020) and her latest book Heroes, Rebels and Innovators: Inspiring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from history (Hachette, 2021).
Follow Karen on Twitter.
Follow Hachette on Twitter.
(If you click the link above and then purchase from Booktopia, we get a small commission. This amount is donated to Doggie Rescue to support their valuable work with unwanted and abandoned dogs.)
This podcast is brought to you by the Australian Writers' Centre.
Find out more about your hosts here:
- Allison Tait (@altait on Twitter and @allisontaitwriter on Instagram).
- Valerie Khoo (@valeriekhoo on Twitter and @valeriekhoo on Instagram).