Get started as a professional copywriter
We’re surrounded by copywriting, but most of the time we just don’t know it. TV ads, radio ads, magazine ads, websites, blogs, billboards, social media posts, brochures, packaging, signage – it’s all copy, it all sells something and someone has to write it. So, why not you?
If you’re tired of working for peanuts to support your creative endeavours, there is simply no better option than to become a professional copywriter. You get to write when you like, where you like, for whom you like, from home, with no overheads, staff or equipment needed. And you’ll get paid well to do it.
This inspirational, hugely popular Copywriting Essentials course gets results – teaching you how to get started without any prior experience. Created by copywriting dynamo Bernadette Schwerdt, the course has kick-started the careers of some of Australia’s most successful copywriters – even training the ones that go on to train other copywriters!
Valuable skills for all writers
Even if you don’t want to become a full-time copywriter, just having the skills to write great copy will give you the freedom to earn great money while writing your great novel, screenplay or blog. Some of the world’s top novelists and screenwriters started their careers as copywriters – Fay Weldon, Peter Carey, Philip Adams, Di Morrissey, Salman Rushdie, Don DeLillo, Dorothy Sayers, to name just a few.
You will also learn some handy writing tips along the way that will help you in your other work, including how to overcome procrastination, dealing with fear, using deadlines effectively and using copy to promote your other creative work.
Featured in The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, and on Radio National’s Life Matters, this best-selling course is widely regarded to be one of Australia’s most successful copywriting courses for those seeking practical, real-world training that generates paid work.
Included in this course:
- A unique 7-step process to write great copy for any product, any service, any medium at any time.
- Tried and tested, proven headline formulas that get instant results.
- How to take a Creative Brief and the disasters that await you if you don’t.
- Sophisticated research techniques to become an instant expert on any topic or product.
- The top 10 on- and off-page SEO copywriting factors that determine how a website gets ranked (this technique alone will guarantee clients will pay you double the standard writing rate).
- How to write EDMs (electronic direct mailers), direct mail letters, and brochures using a fast-track writing process that takes your writing from average to outstanding in just 13 minutes flat! (We guarantee it.)
- Your guide to creating compelling, persuasive long-form content (blogs, articles, FAQs, ebooks) without even typing a word or picking up a pen! If you can’t write, or don’t have time to, but really, really need to, this technique alone will be worth the cost of the course.
Learn how to craft ‘words that sell’ – and unlock a
limitless revenue stream you never knew you had!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is this course anything to do with the © symbol?
A: Nope, it has nothing to do with ‘copyright’; the © symbol. Instead, copywriting is the art of writing words (or ‘copy’) that sell, and the people who write those words are copywriters – with a W.
Q: Who is this course for?
A: This introductory course is really for anyone looking to dip their top into these waters and see if this life suits. More specifically, it is brilliant for creative writers who want to earn some regular income from their writing. Also journalists and freelance writers looking to add copywriting to their suite of corporate services. It’s also really useful for entrepreneurs and business owners – to control their message and communicate it strongly.
Q: Can I make good money?
A: This is one of the few writing areas where we can quite confidently say that it’s possible to make good money being a copywriter. (Well, being a good copywriter.) As your confidence grows, you can charge your clients top dollar for the work you create.
Q: I see you also offer another course called How to Build a Successful Freelance Copywriting Business. Which should I do first?
A: Good question! If you’re doing both, it doesn’t matter which you do first, as there is almost no overlap – just try to do them within a year of each other. Both are online and tutored by Bernadette Schwerdt.
Copywriting Essentials (that’s this one) gives you the skills to write great copy, while the other course, How to Build a Successful Freelance Copywriting Business, will help you get lots of clients and make money! Each course runs multiple times through the year, so check the course dates for both.
We are Australia’s leading provider of short writing courses. Our world-class presenters are actively working in business and will ensure your training is relevant, up to date and fun!GET PAID FOR YOUR WORDS
with Copywriting Essentials