Email is not dead, never was, never will be. In this podcast you’ll learn how to prepare a welcome sequence so that you can kick start your email automations, communicate easily with prospects and turn casual visitors into paying customers.
We also take a look at the ultimate checklist of how to prepare and write an email campaign so that no matter what level of knowledge you have or what level of sophistication you are working to, you will be able to launch an email campaign with ease and confidence.
Show highlights include:
- How to re-engage with your database after a long gap between emails
- How to prepare an email sequence to kickstart your email automations, communicate easily with prospects, and turn casual visitors into paying customers
- A 3-part welcome sequence that’s a) easy to implement, and b) effective at “pre-selling” your customers and c) easy to write
- The “value-to-sale” ratio that maximises sales (and increases open rates)
- The ultimate checklist of how to prepare and write an email campaign (no matter what level of knowledge of sophistication you have, you can launch it with ease and confidence)
- The factors that determine if a reader will open your email (hint: it’s not just the subject line)
- 5 opening phrase templates that guarantee your emails gets noticed
- How to find a near-limitless source of email content (and never suffer from writer’s block again)
- The weird way receiving more spam complaints and unsubscribers results in higher open rates (and a more engaged list)
- How to establish high levels of trust in your customer
Bernadette Schwerdt is the founder of Copy School and the head copywriting tutor at the Australian Writers’ Centre. She worked as a senior account director at Wunderman Cato Johnson advertising agency and has 30 years’ experience in the sector. She has worked on global brands such as Apple, American Express, Colgate, BHP, McDonalds and has created award winning campaigns for a raft of others. She is a TEDx speaker, the author of two bestselling books about online entrepreneurship (How to Build an Online Business and Secrets of Online Entrepreneurs) and a ghost-writer of business books for leading entrepreneurs. Her third book, documenting the success of the founders behind the billion-dollar start-ups Catch of the Day, Menulog and Scoopon became an Amazon #1 bestseller and was a finalist in the Australian Business Book Awards for 2021. She studied acting at the Victorian College of the Arts and has appeared in some of our most iconic TV shows including Neighbours, Round the Twist, The Games, Winners and Losers and Jack Irish. She has a degree in business and marketing from the University of South Australia, is an accredited NLP, DiSC, and MBTI (Myers Brigg Type Indicator) facilitator and is a recipient of the Prince Charles Silver Jubilee Award for Outstanding Achievement and was listed in the Top 50 Small Business Leaders in 2021.
Links mentioned in this episode:
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
For copywriters. Creating wealth from words.™