Patti Miller on her latest memoir True Friends. AWC graduates in The Guardian and The Sydney Morning Herald. Great read-it-later apps – and more.
Links mentioned in this episode
- The etiquette of returning Tupperware: ‘It always comes back with something in it’
- ‘I left my $200k a year job to become a cleaner’: Why people quit office work
- WIN Cult Classic by Sloane Crosley
- Buy So You Want to be a Writer – the book!
- Facebook group for So You Want to be a Writer
Writer in residence: Patti Miller
Patti Miller was raised on Wiradjuri land in central western NSW and now lives in Sydney. She is the author of Writing Your Life (Allen & Unwin, 1994, 2001); The Last One Who Remembers (Allen & Unwin, 1997); Child (Allen & Unwin, 1998); Whatever the Gods Do (Random House, 2003); The Memoir Book (Allen & Unwin, 2007); the award-winning The Mind of a Thief (UQP, 2012); Ransacking Paris (UQP, 2015); Writing True Stories (Routledge, 2017); and The Joy of High Places (NewSouth, 2019). She has also taught memoir and creative non-fiction for many years around Australia and in Fiji, Bali, Paris and London.
Patti teaches Life Writing at Australian Writers' Centre.