Email is one of the most important channels for generating new leads. While some say email is ‘dead’, nothing could be further from the truth. Just ask Liz Green. Liz is an email copywriting expert and is flat-chat with work and booked out weeks in advance. There are secrets to her success and she reveals the best of them in this podcast episode.
In this episode, I talk to Liz about:
- how her family business failed and how that led her to the copywriting life
- why copywriting is an exciting business for women of a ‘certain age’
- why having a writing degree didn’t help her find writing work
- how life experience makes her a better copywriter
- how to pre-assess a client to weed-out tyre kickers and time wasters
- how she chose her niche and why it works for her
- how to plan, write and execute a welcome email series for your copywriting business (she provides a step-by-step guide for what to write, when to send it and who to send it to)
- the briefing process she uses to uncover gold nugget content that makes writing a breeze
- Her copywriting process, how she uses it to qualify her leads and why she rarely has to barter on pricing
- why she uses a double opt-in approach for all her sign-ups
- how copywriters can write a nurture sequence to promote their business
- topics to cover in a copywriter’s newsletter
- how to survey your audience for your client to get the best brief.
Liz Green is a research-based copywriter who helps purpose-driven businesses grow reach, revenue and impact online.
She specialises in website copy and strategic email sequences that roll out the red carpet for site visitors, customers and subscribers.
She loves working with business owners whose purpose goes beyond sales and profit to include making a positive impact on their community.
A graduate of Copywriting Essentials, Liz started her copywriting business in 2017 at the age of 49. So she knows a thing or two about the challenges and rewards of choosing small business ownership later in life.
Away from the world of copywriting, she's a devoted cat auntie and occasional flautist who firmly believes any situation can be improved with cake.
Links mentioned in this episode
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
For copywriters. Creating wealth from words.™