Have you always wanted to be paid to travel?
Would you like to stay in luxurious resorts for free?
If you’d like to indulge your passion for food, wine, wellness or any other passion and get paid to do so, this is the episode for you.
You may not realise it, but there's a massive connection between travel writing and copywriting. If you can write copy, you are well positioned to become a travel writer too. You find out why in this episode.
In this podcast, I talk to Kirstie about how to:
- get started in the travel industry
- position yourself as the travel writer of choice
- find your passion and get paid to write about it
- pitch a magazine editor to write a travel story
- use your copywriting techniques to become a confident travel writer
- use a creative brief to write your travel stories more effectively
- break into the travel writing sector
- get paid for a story
Kirstie Bedford is an award-winning travel writer, editor and senior content creator with more than 25 years of experience.
Kirstie works for Signature Media, publishers of Australia’s largest-circulating luxury travel magazine, Signature Luxury Travel & Style magazine and Vacations & Travel magazine, and she is also the co-host of the travel podcast, The World Awaits.
She started her career as a news journalist and has worked across broadcast, print and digital mediums. She has held the editorship of six travel publications, including as the inaugural editor of Luxury Escapes magazine.
Mentioned in this episode:
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
For copywriters. Creating wealth from words.™