Discover how copywriting can help you turn your passion into profit.
Donna Webeck’s dream was to earn money by writing about real estate but with no experience in the sector, no background in writing, no contacts in the real estate industry, that dream seemed just that. Until she took the plunge, did a short course in copywriting and now here she is 6 years later with a flourishing, thriving business writing real estate copy for some of the country’s top real estate agents, earning a six-figure income and having the flexibility and freedom to be there for her family and see them grow up. In her own words, she now has her dream job.
Today I talk to Donna about how she did it and how you can do it too. In this episode, we talked about:
- How she got started in the real estate copywriting industry
- How long it takes to write up a real estate listing
- How much you can earn as a real estate copywriter
- What the future of real estate copywriting holds
- Tips on how to write copy for real estate
- What to do when the property you’re promoting is less than exciting
- How to leverage contacts and strategic partnerships to easily find new clients
- How she overcame shyness and introversion to become a successful and confident networker
- Why you only need to find one client to kick start your copywriting business
- Where to find clients and what to say (Donna found a new client at a funeral!)
- Why it’s not always necessary to visit the property
- How to leverage Google to help you write your listings quickly
- Why ‘show, don’t tell’ formula for writing copy helped her become Australia’s ‘go to’ real estate copywriter
- How she used a short course in copywriting to launch her career
Donna Webeck is an accomplished real estate writer who works with clients across the globe, crafting compelling property copy that connects emotionally with buyers and converts into sales. The proud founder of Prestige Property Copy, her portfolio of work includes some of Australia’s highest value property listings, with clients including Ray White, Laing & Simmons, LJ Hooker, Highland, Harcourts, Kollosche and Raine & Horne.
This podcast is brought to you by Copy Club
For copywriters. Creating wealth from words.™