Take a trip back in time
The Australian Writers’ Centre is delighted to present a course on Life Writing with Patti Miller. The course explores creative autobiographical writing and will set you on the journey of writing your life. Patti is the author of the bestselling book Writing Your Life and she will show you how to shape your experiences into a well written, absorbing story.
Patti will help you to:
- create the lived reality of your experience on the page
- awaken your memory and boost your creativity
- bring details to life to make your story more compelling
- find structure to your work
- let your readers see and feel the emotional and physical reality of your life through dialogue, action and appealing to the senses
- find your unique voice to say what you want to say
- and MUCH more.
There will be some readings, discussion and lots of writing with individual comment on your work. By its completion you will have made a start on your life story and have the confidence and techniques to continue.
You know you have a story to tell.
It’s your story.
You can be young, old, or any age in between.
- You don’t need decades of experience to write about your life.
- You don’t have to write about achieving success or overcoming obstacles.
- You can have a perfectly ordinary life – and this course will help you learn how to find and reveal the extraordinary part of it.
- You’ll discover, heal, share and explore a world of writing that’s bound to change … your life.
The course will give you practical guidance but also provide encouragement towards continuing to write and believing you can document your own life story. - Christine Danger
The course will give you practical guidance but also provide encouragement towards continuing to write and believing you can document your own life story.
- Christine Danger
Enjoy exclusive access to our AWC Graduates’ Club
Want to know where all the cool kids hang out? The Graduates’ Club of course! Now, calm down – there’s no cigars, leather armchairs or loud ticking grandfather clocks here. But it IS exclusive invitation only (on completion of a course) and it’s free! Meet other writers online and share successes, seek help or just get something off your chest. Many students believe this ‘legacy learning’ is one of the most valuable things about our AWC community, and who are we to argue?
So if you want to receive feedback, support and a heads-up on opportunities … join the Club!