For writing that means business
- Looking to give your writing skills a truly professional edge?
- Want to pack more punch in your documents, reports or proposals?
- Discover how to take your writing to the next level!
More power to you
If there is one skill that separates the excellent from the outstanding, it’s the ability to communicate professionally. With almost all of today’s business conversation happening in written form, we very rarely get the chance to “wow” with anything other than the words we write. Which is why it’s important to make them count.
A large part of each business day involves the processing and sharing of information. When you learn to do this more efficiently, you can understand and be understood much quicker. By harnessing the power of effective written communication, not only are you creating a more favourable corporate image, you’re enhancing your personal one as well.
This Professional Business Writing course has been designed to give you a guide to creating powerful, persuasive business documents. You will learn the skills to transform your writing through interactive and practical exercises. The result is more confidence to produce outstanding documents, proposals and more!
In one day, you’ll learn:
- the 11 golden rules of business writing
- fundamentals of effective and persuasive writing
- the 5 essential steps to planning a document
- determining what you must include and what to leave out
- business writing DON’Ts
- common writing mistakes (and how to avoid them)
- how to structure reports and proposals
- The art of attraction – how to gain your reader’s attention
- style guides – how to use them and how to create one
- revising and editing – how readable is it?
- presenting your documents
- and MUCH more.
There were so many techniques that I can adopt to improve my writing skills. If you think you know it all, you should definitely do this course. Thank you very much Australian Writers' Centre. - Joe Liu
There were so many techniques that I can adopt to improve my writing skills. If you think you know it all, you should definitely do this course. Thank you very much Australian Writers' Centre.
- Joe Liu
Words that work
This full day course explores all four stages of professional writing at this level – planning, writing, reviewing and presenting. While the main focus will be on content and ensuring your writing is clear, concise and mistake-free, we also look at common pitfalls surrounding the initial planning and editing of your work, along with how to present with maximum impact.
Professional Business Writing is ideal for management, sales and marketing professionals, accountants, engineers or other roles that may involve interpreting and reporting information. By equipping you with the necessary skills to produce cohesive and well-written business documents, your work will receive the ‘polish and shine’ to take it from excellent to outstanding!
This seminar is suitable for people who are fluent and confident in written and spoken English. It is designed for participants who would like to take their business writing skills to the next level.
The course was so helpful. It provided me with practical, helpful - Edwina Stevens
and memorable tips to improve the quality of my writing.
The course was so helpful. It provided me with practical, helpful
- Edwina Stevens
You’ll also receive:
- a comprehensive set of course notes and exercises, including apostrophe guides you can share with everyone in the office, and
- a copy of the Australian Writers’ Centre’s Editorial Style Guide for Business (valued at $49).
If you work in customer service, support or sales and you want to improve your written communication skills, take a look at our Business Writing Essentials course. Business Writing Essentials focuses more on correspondence such as email and letters instead of reports.